December 13, 2016
Back to Halifax, thus completing a total loop around the world! I’m so proud of this travelling accomplishment and I was so happy to be back in Halifax. As soon as I arrived I basically exploded onto Halifax and all my beloved friends. It was such an intense feeling from being in a place that I didn’t know anyone and I could barely communicate with anyone to being in a place that I recognized tonnes of people and had dear friends to share stories with. Plus the simple fact of knowing where things are and knowing the good restaurants/bars already was so surprisingly comforting.
Alright, now I’m going to tell you my most loved things about Halifax.
- Coffee at the Smiling Goat. Although they changed ownership and my coffee from there wasn’t consistently good like it use to be, I still liked it for nostalgia reasons. I used to pick up a coffee from them and hang in the Public Gardens at least once a week.
2. Also, coffee from this place (The Board Room Game Cafe) my beloved old place of employment.
3. Beers and ciders on the waterfront.
4. Beers from Garrison Brewing, my other old place of employment.
5. Friends to drink with.
6. Friends with adorable lil ones to hangout with.
7. Friends who take me to the beach.
8. Friends who eat chips with me.
9. Stylish friends.
11. Blueberries. Beer. Beaches.
12. Friendship photos.
13. Friends who take me for ice cream.
14. The Board Room Game Cafe.
15. Friends who play games with me.
16. Friends who give hugs.
17. Friends who go to the park with me.
18. Friends who play more games with me.
20. The Public Gardens.
21. This cat and the other one (not pictured).
22. Willy’s Poutine for when you’re sad and/or drunk.
23. All these bars.
24. Weekend trips to PEI.
(click here for the panorama if the embedded one doesn’t work, or to see it full screen)
And just like that we left again. I was in town for two weeks filled with doctor appointments, friend hangouts, and lots of coffee. As always, there is so much that I missed, but love all the same.
Now to the exotic Edmonton.