City of Champions
December 19, 2016
It was weird being in Edmonton for a whole month. Having that amount of time reaffirmed that Edmonton is no longer my home, but I miss it dearly. It’s weird to have this place that is full of everything I love, but is also a place I can’t seem to fit back into. Our month there was full of wonderful things like hangouts with my family, my best friend’s wedding, and catching up with old friends.
Now for a collection of my most favourite things about Alberta/Edmonton.
- The landscape looks like a patchwork quilt.
2. Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market.
3. Old Strathcona and Whyte Ave. neighbourhood.
4. Hangouts with my mom.
5. New York Bagel Cafe.
6. Fort Saskatchewan (the town I grew up in).
7. Grandma’s cookies.
[not pictured because I ate them all]
8. Grandma’s house.
9. Taking horrible pictures with the best looking kid in town.
11. Hanging with my Papa.
12. West Edmonton Mall. I know … but I love it.
13. I started collecting Pokemons.
14. Having tea and catching up with the loveliest friends.
15. Finding new coffee shops.
16. Chillin’ at old coffee shops.
17. My mom!
18. Livin’ the bridesmaid life.
19. So much bridesmaid life.
20. Being a part of my best and oldest friend’s wedding.
21. Wearing too much make-up.
22. Selfies with wonderful friends.
23. Catching up with more old friends.
24. DaDeO’s Cajun/Southern style restaurant.
25. Sugarbowl cafe/bar.
26. Did I mention I like hanging out with my Mom?
27. The oatmeal cookie from Sugarbowl!
28. Remedy cafe.
29. Finding new brews in Edmonton.
30. Visiting John’s family in Calgary.
31. My family!
32. Pub 1905.
33. Green onion cakes.
34. Live music at the best venues!
35. and leaving again. As hard as it is to leave all these things I think it’s the leaving that makes my favourite things so much sweeter.
There you have it, 35 of my fav things I got to do/see while in Edmonton.
Now off to Iceland!