What is “Wayward Lovers”?
Wayward [wey-werd] adjective
- turned or turning away from what is right or proper; willful; disobedient: a wayward son; wayward behaviour.
- swayed or prompted by caprice; capricious: a wayward impulse; to be wayward in one’s affections.
- turning or changing irregularly; irregular: a wayward breeze.
and Lovers, well that’s us!
After announcing our trip to friends, one friend referred to us as wayward lovers (hi Sara!). We immediately took to the name, looked up its proper meaning, and decided that’s us. We have always worked towards approaching life a little differently and have made an effort to be thoughtful about our actions, experiences, and choices. Which brings us to our shared lifetime desire to travel.
Essentially we are both a couple of dorks that love travelling and embrace constant change.
We try to spend at least one month in a place to try to explore the city, the culture, and the food thoroughly. Neither of us like being tourists or want to be perma-tourists as we travel, staying longer in one spot helps us avoid such things.
- To see what it’s like to live in other places around the world.
- To enjoy as much as possible.
- To document and share our experiences on this blog.
Brittney is passionate about art, knitting, and food. She’s an artist who will be painting and drawing up a storm around the world (brittneymcisaac.com). If you would like some art from abroad please sign up to receive Wayward Letters. Brittney is the primary voice of the blog posts.